httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <li...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] dns2go and apache broadcast need help
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:56:26 GMT
I tried your suggestion telnet mydomain.dns2go.com 80
it still not work, by showing:
[root@dhcp-1061-200 linux-2.4.18-14]# telnet linuxspc.dns2go.com  80
Trying 66.65.52.124...

so may be that is not my apache configure's problem but some system
level's trouble, the ip is the ip, my dns2go server catch, what apache
help is its error log suggest ipv4 is using the name that show on my
command prompt which is assigned somehow by my isp's dhcp protocal I
guess.

thanks your above help , and welcome more suggestions
eric

Hi Eric,

Try telneting localhost 80 and see if you can connect, if it does
connect it means that your ISP is blocking your port 80 (usually blocked
for non-dial-up/dsl users).
In this case use a different port such as 8000, 88, 8080, 1080 and etc..

All the best,
Jeff Cohen