httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] need sugesstion...
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:48:19 GMT

This is not 100%, but it comes close.

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus

-----Original Message-----
From: craig franke [mailto:craig.franke@harlingen.tstc.edu]
Sent: donderdag 24 april 2003 15:36
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] need sugesstion...

As in allowing them to save them to the hard drive of their system?
>From personal experience, I can tell you that there is really no effective
method to prevent users from doing this.  If you use Javascript to block
right clicks for instance, the user just has to disable javascript to get
around it. Plus most browsers cache images anyways.

You can make it a pain for them to save images but can't really prevent it
completely. [And I always get a good laugh when someone tries on a site I
visit though most have given up on that idea :)]

>>> system@eluminoustechnologies.com 04/24/03 08:28AM >>>
Hello All,

Is there any way I can block users from downloading images,

Thank you,