httpd-users mailing list archives

From "António Rafael C. Paiva" <a20...@alunos.det.ua.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy access control
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:43:19 GMT
Where is the whole history...

This is for a wireless hotspot, in which the access to the
local intranet is complitely free, but the access to the
internet is only granted to authenticated users, or in a
wireless ISP scheme, to users who are paying for service.

I looked around and Squid proxy + Squid Guard sounds
promissing, but since where are going to use apache for
our local HTTP server (the one to whitch we want to
redirect not authenticated/paying users), we would like to
use apache for this...

Note that in a WISP scheme, the authentication for
authorization, and access control (and payment) would have
to based on a PostgreSQL database.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in regards,
Rafael.