httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <Smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject [users@httpd] CNAME in DNS required to use ServerAlias in httpd.conf?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:24:46 GMT
Where is the best place to post a question on how to use the ServerAlias
line in httpd.conf.  Specifically, Do you need to have a CNAME entry in the DNS
table when using the ServerAlias reference
in your httpd.conf file?  I'm having problems with Users having to authenticate
twice when going after the alias
in our intranet.

Also, where would I be able to get very good qualified training in
Administering Apache?
Good security protocols for ssl, installation procedures for ssl, etc.
Recommendations for
bit settings on files inside and outside of the web site, how to catch and flag
areas that
need attention before going live outside a firewall?

Charlie Smith
3/27/03

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.