httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Weber" <mwe...@alliednational.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Syn Attack to port 80
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:11:20 GMT
SYN attacks are aimed at the OS rather than the application.  It just so
happens that the attack is connecting to port 80 since it is a common
port to allow through firewallls.

Check the configs/manuals on your firewall and router for syn attack
defenses.

-Michael

>>> webadmin@salam2u.com 03/25/03 03:35PM >>>
Hi All;
I'm getting an attack which turn to be SYN_RECV one to apache port 80
and
after a while the server gets completely locked out no SSH and no
console
even but I can still ping the IP, the apache that I'm using is 1.3.26
will
the upgrade to 1.3.27 do any good here?? and if you can advice me on
preventing DOS attack it will great.
 is the syn_recv that I get in netstat is an normal connection or is it
an
attack???

--

Best Regards
WebAdmin, Salam2U.com

         \\\ ||| ///
       (  @ @  )
--oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------

         _\=/_
          (o o)
--oOOo-(_)-oOOo------

Revolution does not require corporate support

That, as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be
this we
should do freely and generously.
    -- Benjamin Franklin