httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Sheridan-Peters" <...@usp.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Index redirection problem with SSL
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:46:23 GMT
>it really doesn't get redirected and it is absolutely not obvious that it should fail.

I have only SSL running on this instance, listening on 443.  Trying to connect on port 443
expecting the HTTP protocol will fail since the browser will not try any SSL negotiations.

to look like https://mydomain.com:80/... ,
>but I don't think this is what you are looking for.

No, I'm just trying to get an SSL-only site working that worked fine as a regular HTTP site.
 The content servers perfectly fine if you specify the complete URL to the content, but fails
due to the implicit redirect/rewrite if you specify a directory.

So,

https://site.usp.org/dir/ fails upon being rewritten/redirected to http://site.usp.org:443/dir/index.html

https://site.usp.org/dir/index.html succeeds.

--