httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cory Wright <cwright-li...@standblue.net>
Subject [users@httpd] attempt to invoke directory as script
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:58:23 GMT

Hello,
I have searched the MARC archives, I have scoured google, and I have searched
the Gmane archives for this list.  There have been several people who have
gotten the same error message, but their problems were apparently different
than the ones I am experiencing.

The details:

I am setting up a new virtual domain (bincimap.org) that needs to have CGI
abilities within certain subdirectories.  The bincimap.org/dl/ directory needs
to be able to default to the DirectoryIndex of index.cgi, but for some reason
it doesn't appear to be doing that.  Here is a snip from the httpd.conf file,
with only the admin email address edited:

<VirtualHost 209.61.183.236>
        ServerName bincimap.org
        ServerAlias www.bincimap.org
        ServerAdmin nospamming-thedude@example.com
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www
        ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/bincimap.org/www_error_log
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.moto index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
        CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/bincimap.org/www_access_log combined
        <Directory "/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www">
                Options +Includes
                AddType text/html .shtml
                AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
        </Directory>
        ScriptAlias /dl/ "/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www/dl/"
        <Directory "/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www/dl">
                AllowOverride None
                DirectoryIndex index.cgi
                Options +ExecCGI +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www/cgi-bin/"
        <Directory "/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Finally, here is an entry in the error log (not wrapped):

[Fri Mar 21 11:25:15 2003] [error] [client 64.83.2.146] attempt to invoke directory as script:
/usr/local/apache/domains/bincimap.org/www/dl

The script works fine if it is called directly, bincimap.org/dl/index.cgi,
but I would expect the DirectoryIndex directive to allow the user to specify
just bincimap.org/dl/ and everything work.

Cory

--
Cory Wright
Stand Blue Technology