httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] exit signal File size limit exceeded
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:37:34 GMT
System wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I see following error continuously firing in my error_log. Can any one help
>me please.
>
>[Thu Mar 27 23:09:51 2003] [notice] child pid 13269 exit signal File size
>limit exceeded (25)
[...]

Plugging your error into Google gave this up:

"what does " exit signal File size limit exceeded (25)" mean and how do
I get rid of it?

"Nov 23rd, 2001 01:09

"Karri Niskala, PHP Webmaster

"I had the same problem, and in my case the problem was caused by
php3-error.log hitting the 2GB limit set by the ext2 filesystem, so
after clearing (or rather rotating) the log the problem went away.
(php was trying to write to a file which was allready (sic) max. size
and
thus the OS returned the 'File size limit exceeded' error.)"

This may not be your exact problem, but log files are a source of this
type errors.  Give them a look.

--
gt           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
The advice is free, and worth every cent.