httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh Konkol <jkon...@guidemail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite/mod_header/mod_proxy problem
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:01:29 GMT
Dear Apache Guru's I need your help!!

What I need to do is take the key:values in a cookie and turn them into
http headers.  Using a combination of mod_rewrite, mod_header & mod_proxy
I've come up with a solution but the headers aren't being created.

Here's what I have in my httpd.conf file:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/tmp/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteRule ^(.*)&(.*)$ $1&$2 [S=1]
RewriteRule (.*) $1&%{HTTP_COOKIE}
# If there's a '; ' then there is more than one variable left
RewriteRule  ^(.*);.(.*)=(.*)$ $1 [E=$2:$3,N]
# Now there's only one variable left
RewriteRule  ^(.*)&(.*)=(.*)$ $1 [E=$2:$3]
RewriteRule ^(.*)&$ $1
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /done$1 [R]

Header add sm_user "%{smuser}e" env=smuser
Header add goHierId %{goHierId}e env=goHierId
Header add sessionid %{sessionid}e env=sessionid
Header add foo "bar"

ProxyPass       /doneHomeCostEstimator
http://wsapp01t.guidehome.com/HomeCostEstimator
ProxyPassReverse       /doneHomeCostEstimator
http://wsapp01t.guidehome.com/HomeCostEstimator

The page I'm directing to is a .jsp which displays the set http headers
and the sm_user & goHierId don't show up there.

Is there any issue with setting a http header with mod_header and then
proxying that request ??

Any help is appreciated !!!!

Josh