httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] GET requests for other hosts
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:06:12 GMT

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Joshua Santelli wrote:

> I'm seeing GET and HEAD requests in my access logs.
> Are these getting passed onto the other sites?  Is
> apache functioning as a proxy for these users.
>
> They are ofter around a lot of there OPTIONS and
> PROPFIND requests. What are they.
>
> FYI:  I'm running 2.0.44 on win2k.
>
> TIA, sorry if this is a basic question.

It's not a basic question, but the first part is a FAQ:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#proxyscan

The OPTIONS/PROPFIND are webdav requests from clients trying to gain write
access to your server.  Could be innocent, or could be people trying to
break in, but you don't need to worry about it on a properly configured
Apache.

Joshua.