httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:27:54 GMT

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Joseph R Loegering wrote:
> > > Also, I would like to set up a Document Manager so that when a
> > > designated user signs in, he will automaticaly be taken to his directory
> > > designated as "read, write, add, delete".

Here is something to get you started.  You will need to read the
mod_rewrite docs to use it.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} ([a-z0-9]+)
RewriteRule /start(.*) http://yourhost.example.com/users/%1/$1 [R]

This uses a redirect to get them to the right location.  Alternatively,
you could replace the last line with
RewriteRule /start(.*) /full/path/to/users/%1/$1
which will just transparently place them in the new location without
changing the URL.

Feel free to ask if you want more help, but I suggest you spend some
quality time with the mod_rewrite docs first.

Joshua.