httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] about mod_proxy
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:04:19 GMT

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Ernesto Freyre wrote:

> Hi Joshua!! this works!! I can now get the Ip address of clients accessing
> the front-end server at the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR variable, but I see this
> looks like as the same value separate by comma like this:
>
> HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR  = 200.14.241.174, 200.14.241.174
>
> Please do you know why this appears duplicated?

Just a guess, but I'd suspect you have loaded mod_proxy_add_forward twice.
Is it possible you have it both statically loaded (check ./httpd -l) and
dynamically loaded (via LoadModule in httpd.conf)?

Alternatively, perhaps you are running a version of Apache that
automatically adds the header.  Try removing mod_proxy_add_forward and see
if you still get it.

Joshua.