httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] default ErrorDocuments don't appear
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:41:34 GMT
[Please keep it to the mailing list.]

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Dennis Foreman wrote:

> Joshua,
> Thanks for the info, but it didn't help much. Here's what I got:
>
> client denied by server configuration: C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var
>
> which I already knew. The question is: what's wrong with my config?

Actually, that tells us some important info: it is your apache
configuration that is denying the access, and not a problem with OS file
permissions.

Now you need to figure out what in the Apache configuration is doing that.
Look through httpd.conf for sections related to that directory.  You
should have something like
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/error/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options IncludesNoExec
        AddOutputFilter Includes html
        AddHandler type-map var
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        LanguagePriority en de es fr it nl sv
        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
</Directory>

The "Allow from all" is particularly important there.

(I'm just guessing about the version of apache you are using, since you
haven't specified.)

Failing that, you should try comparing your current config file to the
default one distributed with Apache.

Joshua.