httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache-Basic Authentication How To
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:30:55 GMT

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Manu Kits wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have only 2 DIRECTORY TAGS in my HTTPD.CONF file - one for each user.
>
> Also, I am SURE I am editing correct HTTPD.CONF file (I deliberately added
> ERRORS and found the same on console)
> Also, I RESTART my SERVER after changes.

1. When apache follows symlinks, it does not reset the path for
<directory> processing.

2. Try accessing a file that does not exist in the directory, and then
SHOW US THE ERROR LOG AND ACCESS LOG ENTRIES.

You are very skillful at dribbling out information a tiny bit at a time.
This feels like a game of 20 questions where you are deliberately trying
to mislead us.

Joshua.