httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Symbolic link not allowed Error!!!
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:52:58 GMT

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Manu Kits wrote:

> Here is the snippet of my HTTPD.CONF file:

Man, this is getting a little frustrating, eh?  It doesn't help that you
repeatedly post the same thing to multiple places and that you need
repeated prodding to provide relevant info, but anyway...

My best guess at your problem: you are either editing the wrong config
file or you are not properly restarting the server after editing the
config file.  What happens when you place and obvious syntax error in
httpd.conf?  Do you get a complaint?  You should.

If that is not the problem, then please start with an absolutely fresh,
unmodified version of httpd.conf as it comes with apache.  Make only the
absolute minimal changes you need for it to work on your system.  Then add
the single Alias line, forgetting about the symlink stuff.

If that doesn't work, show us the exact changes you made to the default
config (diff -u will help) and the exact log messages.

Joshua.