httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess problem
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:18:55 GMT

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Stephen Colson wrote:

> Not entirely. My understanding of it was that apache on the raq's will first
> check the system file, then if there was no match, would try to auth against
> any other defined ACL. This is how every other raq i've seen works anyway...

Well, I don't have direct experience iwth the raqs.  I just have
experience with the dozens of confused people that turn up on apache
mailing lists and newsgroups because of the modifications they've made to
apache.

In general, if you have an auth problem with the raq, you need to bring it
up with Sun, because there is no way for anyone else to know exactly what
hacks they've done.

Joshua.