httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problem configuring mod_rewrite rule
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:46:45 GMT

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Boyle Owen wrote:

> [...]

Well, "docroot" here is kind of an ambiguous concept.  No, you can't
change the DocumentRoot directive, nor the DOCUMENT_ROOT env variable on
the fly.  But you can effectively change the directory from where apache
serves files, which amounts to the same thing.

The following should work, but I haven't tested it:

DocumentRoot /home/web/fallback-location/

# First do a security check: we have a username, and it
# doesn't contain anything funky like ".." or "/".
RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} ^[a-zA-Z0-9]+$
# Then change the path based on the user name
RerwiteRule (.*) /home/web/users/%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}$1

Joshua.