httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] default ErrorDocuments don't appear
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:27:28 GMT

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Dennis Foreman wrote:

> Joshua said:
>
> "... you should try comparing your current config file to the
> default one distributed with Apache."
>
> Actually, I'm using exactly the same section as the one distributed with
> Apache. I didn't have time during initial installation to figure out how to
> make changes, so I just used it as-is.
>
> PS. I'm using Apache 2.0. Also, I noticed that your sample <directory...>
> path ends with a "/", whereas the original does not (but the original Alias
> DOES have the "/"). I tried it both ways and it made no difference after
> re-loading the server.

The slash on the end of the <directory> shouldn't matter.

You need to examine other changes you have made from the default config
file.  Changes in one area can easily affect other areas.  One way to do
this is to go back to the default config files and make only the minimal
changes to work in your setup.

Joshua.