httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jan Banan...@grabbarna.nu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Count in SSI
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:17:16 GMT
> You have to call an external program which may be in CGI, e.g.
>         <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/slow_clock.pl" -->
> where slow_clock.pl always returns the time of two seconds ago.

I did that by creating the following /cgi-bin/slow_clock.pl :

   #!/usr/local/bin/perl
   print "Content-Type: text/plain\n\n";
   ($sec, $min, $hour)=localtime(time-2);
   print (sprintf ("%.2d%.2d%.2d", $hour, $min, $sec));

The problem is that this is extremely slow. I like the user to be able to
send/receive a GET every second, but each request takes a few seconds to
execute on this 550 MHz Pentium III running RedHat Linux 7.2 and Apache
1.3.27 :-(
Probably I need to buy a faster computer... or just put the clock back
two seconds, hrm.

/JB