httpd-users mailing list archives

From geb...@ameritech.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache configuration files parsing utilities
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:13:38 GMT

Since it's an open source product, sure.  Getting the code shouldn't be
any kind of a problem.  I'm not up on the legalities of using it in a
commercial app though.

At 16:14 (UTC+0100) on Fri, 7 Mar 2003 Coursimault, Jean-marc said:

= Hello,
=
= I'd like to use apache-like configuration files in my C++ application (Linux
= / Windows / Solaris), which is not related to Apache in any way.
= I don't need a GUI to set up preferences, only read  them in my app.
=
= I need both "include" capabilities as in "include ./otherfile.conf" a,d
= hierarchical values, as in
= <Virtual Host>
=    <Directory kjhkjh>
=      # my comment
=       mykey=myvalue
=       ....
=     </Directory>
= </Virtual Host>
=
= Ideally, the parsing of these configuration files should be possible and
= easy in other languages, such as Java, possibly C# and Perl.
= The parsing utilities should not have (too many) dependencies.
=
= I'm aware of several efforts, notably UnixConfig, to do universal
= configuration files, but they don't seem very advanced. The Java Preferences
= API does not seem to have any C++ counterpart. And I think that the Apache
= conf files are "just right".
=
= And I need a LGPL-like licence, since my app will be commercial.
=
= Does anyone know if I could sort of extract the configuration-files parsing
= utilities from Apache ?
=
= -- Jean-Marc
= Jean-Marc Coursimault         |
= Xerox Research Centre Europe  | Tel   +33 (0)4 76 61 51 82
= Systems Dev. & Engineering    | Fax   +33 (0)4 76 61 51 99
= 6, chemin de Maupertuis       |
= 38240 Meylan (France)         | coursimault@xrce.xerox.com
=
=