httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV and FrontPage together?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:53:46 GMT
If yoy use Webdav you should use it for all your publishing (for the same
resource) or you will run into permission problems. In order to use
Frontpage and not screw up WebDav then tou will need to convince the
Frontpage Server Extensions to publish as the web server "User", which is
what WebDav does. I believe that Fromtpage uses an "suexec" style
mechanism called fpexec to publish to Apache and there is a fpexec.h file
which controls what the Frontpage server does. You will need to recompile
fpexec to make the chamges effective.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Michael A Nachbaur wrote:

> I noticed when I was getting FrontPage working on my Apache 1 server that
> WebDAV and FrontPage don't play well together.  Is there a way that I can get
> around that to provide DAV access to my server for those who don't want to
> bend over ^H^H^H^H^H who choose not to use Microsoft products?

"Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services