httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Wort <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] A quick question
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:14:07 GMT

I am not certian but I believe in RedHat you can set the umask=002 in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/function script and it will be the system wide default or
you can set it in your cgi script, how depends on what language your using
but you can research that exact syntax.

umask=002 will have files created with 664 permissions and directoris with
775 permissions.