httpd-users mailing list archives

From jbu...@OAOT.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with starting apache
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:28:11 GMT

Dear sir, kindly set the User and Group directives in the httpd.conf

James

                      batristain@media

                      general.com              To:      users@httpd.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      03/28/2003 02:20         Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Problem with starting
apache
                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to users

Hi Josh,
I've done that and although I no longer get that warning it refuses to
start
I checked the error log and it has this

[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable to
set group id to Group 4294967295
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable to
set group id to Group 4294967295
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable to
set group id to Group 4294967295
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable to
set group id to Group 4294967295
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable to
set group id to Group 4294967295
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [notice] Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Fri Mar 28 13:08:38 2003] [alert] Child 15495 returned a Fatal error...
Apache is exiting!