httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wil Hatfield - HVHM Customer Care" <...@hvhm.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about logs
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:50:05 GMT
Brenda,

It isn't a matter of what is safe unless you are planning on giving your
users access to the combined virtual host log. It is more a matter of
preference. Myself I do give my users access to the logs so I keep them all
separate.  This also makes it easier to find errors and access listings that
I need to find when a user is having troubles with a script or something. I
know to do directly to domainname.com-error_log.

Like I said mostly just a matter of preference.

Wil Hatfield