httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wil Hatfield - HVHM Customer Care" <...@hvhm.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 Frontpage Server Extension - FreeBSD
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 00:33:14 GMT
David,

Frontpage documentation is in fact a bit scarce and when you do find a
motherload of it you can't tell if it is for MS or UNIX.

A root web is as it sounds a web that goes into your apache root directory
and just sits there on port 80. At least that is what I get from it. During
install I skip the root web, skip the standard webs, and skip the virtual
webs, and skip the subwebs. Basically I just get it all installed and use
the admin panel to configure the rest.

I then use the following to create the admin port:

./owsadm.exe -o setadminport -s /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -port
8090 -username superusername -pw superpassword

You will want to change the path to the location of your httpd.conf if
different than mine and you DEFINATELY want to change the superusername and
superpassword shown in the string. This is the user/pass for the big kahoona
admin that can extend virtual domains. The Great Frontpage God per-se. Don't
use bill/gates though I am sure hackers try that first. :-)

> I have multiple
> virtual domains which are configured using the Include
> directive.

I don't follow here. Let me try to catch up.... Do you have <VirtualHost>
directives set in your http.conf file? If so Frontpage will see these and
allow you to extend them from the admin panel. Once you have the adminport
set as show above you can access the admin panel at
http://yourmachinesdomain.com:8090 and login as Great Frontpage God. On the
way in is when the scripts read your httpd.conf and show you what virtual
domains are in there. You may be able to figure it all out from there.
Pretty easy.

Now back to the install problems. Delete /usr/local/frontpage and reinstall
this time telling it NO for root, webs, virtual webs, and sub webs. Open
your httpd.conf and make sure that you don't have a double LoadModule entry
since we are RE-installing.

The rest should be childs play but let me know if I can be of further
assistance.

Wil Hatfield