httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sadananda B Rai" <s...@zeomega.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:17:43 GMT
Yes it is starting once now. I typed everything again and it worked. Now I
have 2 VH and it is been not recognizing. I am sending request to
www.abc.com and The requested URL was not found on this server. And in log
it shows that /etc/htdocs not found. It's not at all looking in VH. Hope not
disturbing. Thax again
Sadananda.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 5:21 PM
To: Sadananda B Rai
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost

This is a bit odd. This means that apache found a command it did not
understand when it was reading the file. However, the command appears to be
' ' - which is whitespace. I suspect you have a funny control character in
your file at this point.

Delete the entire line and them type it in again to make sure it contains
only ASCII characters. Note that since you are hiding the real file by using
dummy strings like /var/www/abc, it is impossible for me to be certain. When
you copy the config like this, you only show what you *think* it says and
not what it really does say :-)

If you don't fix it, post the offending line by cutting and pasting - not by
typing in a fake version.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle