httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Foreman" <dfore...@stny.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ~users in a domain
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 01:02:53 GMT
Hello all,

My windows XP system is on a LAN within our university domain, so the
profile for my userid is FOREMAN.wtsn (where wtsn is the internal LAN name).

For example, dforeman.cs.binghamton.edu/~foreman.wtsn would be the URL. And
my <Directory> statements specify the actual folder that contains my files
(public_html). (The site is not currently running.)

Is there a way to specify multiple such userids in a <Directory> statement
or by using Alias or Aliasmatch, such that requestors do NOT have to know
and use the LAN part of the ID?

It is not clear from the Apache manual whether regular expressions can be
used inside a <Directory> or not, and if so, how to use them to specify
their use for ~ references.

I need a URL that works for internal and external users.

Could someone send me a few examples?

regards,
D. J. Foreman, Ph. D.
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman