httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Wise" <...@bobsplanet.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost problem
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:37:47 GMT

I had exactly the same problem. I spent some time trying to figure
out what this meant... and couldn't come up with a good answer.

However, I did come up with a workaround... which was to use
the local IP address like:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10

Note that I'm on the other side of a NAT server... what worked
was the local IP address, not the external IP address. This would
be troublesome if the IP address changed - so using the * would
be better.

In any case... it's a workaround and I'd like to hear the why
of it, too.

-Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: HÃ¥kan Molin [mailto:hakan@lulle.dyndns.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 3:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] VirtualHost problem

Hi!

I'm trying to set up namebased virtual hosts using the RedHat8.0 default
Apache2.0 installation.

Despite following the advise on the
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/ web page, I keep getting the
following error message when (re)starting the httpd daemon:

"[error] VirtualHost _default_:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports
with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with
undefined results"

I can't figure out what might be wrong; as far as I can see I'm NOT
mixing "* ports" (<VirtualHost *>) and "non-* ports" (<VirtualHost
*:80>) statements in my conf file.

Anyone have a hint?

//Hakan