httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marion McKelvie" <mar...@streamlet.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] differences between 2.0.40 and 2.0.43
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:39:11 GMT
Hi

I have version 2.0.43 running on Redhat 8 and it appears to keep producing
child processes.  The installation uses prefork (as shown by 'httpd -l')and
the config in httpd.conf is:

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
MaxClients       150
MaxRequestsPerChild  1000
</IfModule>

An equivalent installation using 2.0.40 does not show the same problem.

The problem can be demonstrated by reloading a page repeatedly - on 2.0.40
this is handled happily by 9 or 10 processes (as shown by ps).  On my 2.0.43
installation, the number of processes rapidly increases.

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Marion