httpd-users mailing list archives

From "richard work" <rich...@dynasty-solutions.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] escape characters confusion
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:56:42 GMT

Hi,

I am using Apache/2.0.40 from a redhat distribution. I have a simple cgi
script that calls the xalan XSLT transform:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Apache::SubProcess qw(system);

print "Content-type: text/html\n";
system "testXSLT -q -html -in ../html/richard/georgeski/XML/resorts.xml -xsl
../html/richard/georgeski/XML/SelectionPage.xsl";

When this is run from the command line it produces correct HTML. When I call
it from the web page I get the error

"malformed header from script. Bad header=&lt;HTML&gt;:
create_search_page.pl"

Obviously this has something to do with escape characters being
transformed - but I can not figure out what is doing it or how to turn it
off. I have looked through multiple FAQs but have not come up with an
answer. Please help :-)

			Regards, Richard George