httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with Windows install
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:00:18 GMT
Hi!

msi = microsoft installer package

You'll need an up-to-date Microsoft Installer... you can find it through
Google.  It's somewhere well hidden on the MS pages.
Looking at your error, it seems to be an incomplete download.  Maybe try to
download again first?
If it doesn't work, move to root dir of a hard disk.
Run Windows Update.
Find the MSI installer package.

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: David Picon Alvarez [mailto:eleuteri@myrealbox.com]
Sent: 10 March 2003 12:27
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Problem with Windows install

Hi,

I'm trying to install apache 2.0.44 under Windows 2000 as an Administrator,
and I find the following problem:

After pressing the "Install" button, I get a dialog box saying "The system
cannot open the device or file specified." and I get a retry and Cancel
buttons. Retrying gets nowhere (same dialog box comes up) and cancelling
shows: "Internal Error 2755. 110, c:\path-to-apache.msi"

I've checked the troubleshooting section on the website but the closes thing
(it's also an internal error 2755) is only applicable to NT. Can anyone help
me? I haven't posted the log because it is very big, but if it would help I
can post it.
Thanks in advance,
--David.