httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI error
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:18:12 GMT

Remember that CGI programs are invoked in a separate shell forked by
apache which belongs to the user defined by the "User" directive.
Generally, this user will not have permission to write on the directory
(you need to write if you are tarring and zipping). Either make the:

- apache User = directory owner
- directory owned by apache user
- directory group writeable
- or use suexec to allow apache to run as a different user (see docs for
details).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I've tried to do the same under Linux and there it works fine...
>
>Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!
>

>Jan Wera

views of the sender's company.