httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost problem
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:06:05 GMT

No.

I think the poster's original problem was that he had

	NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10

but then

	VirtualHost 192.168.0.10:443

which implies that he's trying to do NBVH on an SSL VH. This is a no-no
and is what leads to the error message about "mixing * ports and non-*
ports".

The solution is to specify that NBVH is only on HTTP VHs, i.e.

	NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10:80

Then the SSL VH falls outside the NVH scope and is treated as an
IP-based VH.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>tnx,
>ken
>
>At 18:39 (UTC-0500) on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 Jeff Cohen said:
>
>= Both of you check that you don't have VirtualHost
>192.168.0.10:443 or 80
>= and not NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10:443 or 80 - No mixing
>IP/Name with
>= ports.
>=
>= All the best,