httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] installing 2 instances of apache
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:03:11 GMT

If you don't change anything on the configure line then it will merrily
overwrite everything you previously installed.

The key parameter is the "--prefix" switch. Set this to wherever you
want apache to be installed and it will go there, e.g.

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/newapache

then you will have everything in this directory and /usr/local/apache
will be untouched.

Of course, you should backup the main directory before hitting make
install :-)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>i'm a real newbie in the linux world, and it toke me so much
>time to get FrontPage working i don't want to break it :)
>
>Thanks for your time
>t.

>  Tim Fletcher
>Netfactoriel.com