httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication Problem
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:31:29 GMT

This has nothing to do with password access (mod_auth). This message
arises because the request is the subject of a Deny directive. Look for
"Allow", "Deny" and "Order" in your config (you might have "Deny from
all" somewhere) and check the docs to verify that you understand what
they're for and what they're doing.

The presence of:

	>    Order allow,deny

in your snippet above hints that you might be misunderstanding something
here since this directive doesn't do anything and isn't linked to any
Allow or Deny directives..

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I have tried LogLevel at debug and using snoop to see the
>packets sent out
>by the server but cannot see anything sent back and see
>nothing more than
>the error above in the log file. I have also tried with
>authorisation on
>directories and the error is the same. If I remove the
>authentication the
>page is displayed correctly.
>
>Any ideas for further debugging or possible causes would be welcome.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jim

views of the sender's company.