httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:39:22 GMT

Do you want to be able to say things like:

	Deny from 192.168.1.1

in .htaccess?

>I don't think my provider knows how to set up their Apache server to
>accomodate blocking with .htaccess.

They would need to say:

	AllowOverride Limit

in your home directory container. If you want them to allow
authentication as well, then:

	AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig

>They have it set up for .htpasswd OK, but when I tried to use
>a blocking
>script in any of my directories, I get the "Internet Server
>Error", and
>after two days of arguing with them via e-mail, (they won't answer the
>phone) I am convinced they don't know how to set up the
>necessary files
>to accomodate .htaccess blocking with the necessary overrides, etc.

You've lost me - what's a "blocking script"? Are you trying to do
something dynamically with CGI?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Could you please send me a step-by-step 'mini-how-to' that I
>could send
>them so they can set up the server.
>
>TIA

views of the sender's company.