httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web access to php script fails
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:23:33 GMT

If the process segfaults, you'll never get any response :-(
So the problem is clearly with the invocation of the PHP script.

>*** I have strace on my system but the man details are unclear
>on it use. Is it possible for you to give me a sample command line?

Usually, you just do:

	stop apache
	# cd <apache bin directory>
	# strace httpd -X -f <path to httpd.conf>

This will start a single apache daemon running in the shell with all
system calls echoed to STDOUT (i.e. you'll see rather a lot of output to
the screen). Wait for all the startup stuff to calm down, then hit the
server with the PHP request from another window and see what the strace
gives. Post the listing if you there's anything that's not clear.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.