httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Server variable in apache 2 mod perl 2
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:23:45 GMT

If you use Perl in CGI, you can access all the environment variables in
the %ENV hash.
E.g. $ENV{REMOTE_HOST} returns the DNS name of the client.

In apache-ASP, $Response->ServerVariables() is the equivalent but you'd
need to check the docs for details.

Generally, every server-sided technology has a mechanism for accessing
environement variables but the methods and syntax vary enormously. You'd
have to be much more specific if you want more help. Also, I should
point out that this is really to do with server-sided scripting and
nothing to do with apache. You might be better trying the list for
whatever server-sided technology you choose..

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Please suggest any alternative as well.
>
>Thanks