httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Stopped While Mounting
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:05:21 GMT

Go round the back of the machine and look for any cables which are connected to USB sockets.
Then pull on these cables until the plug comes out.

Do you know what a USB device is? It is a peripheral (web cam, zip drive, modem etc.) which
connects to the computer via the Universal Serial Bus sockets - most modern PCs have two or
four sockets like this. When the machine boots, it tries to sense if anything is connected
on the USB sockets and, if so, to establish contact with it. It could be you have a faulty
device connected which is saying "yes I am here" on boot but then is not responding to any
further questions so the OS sits waiting for it. As J.D. recommends, you could try waiting
a while - usually 10 minutes is enough for things to timeout...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle