httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess-domain names
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:33:02 GMT

That's what I thought, but according to the documentation for the
"Allow" directive, the presence of a domain name in the argument causes
a DNS lookup *regardless* of the setting of HostNameLookups. So that
can't be the problem.

We know that his Deny and Allow directives work with IP addresses so it
must be that "AllowOverride Limit" is set in the config (or no access
directives would work).

The only other possibility I can think of is that the machine doesn't
have a working DNS configuration. To test, try nslookup on the domains
you are interested in to see if your machine knows how to resolve IPs.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>If you haven't turned this on, Apache won't know about
>domain-name, if you
>turn it on, it will. It will try to look up every IP, but at a
>cost. Also,
>most IP's will resolve, but not all.
>
>I personally use this directive only on cgi's and stuff.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Sander Holthaus

views of the sender's company.