httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] FD_SETSIZE - Urgent Pls.
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:50:18 GMT

Two solutions:

- uninstall the Zend Optimizer (since it's what caused he error to
appear :-)
- rebuild apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE

#2 might be a problem - FD_SETSIZE is a kernel parameter which limits
the number of file descriptors that an application can have. To change
it you'd need to rebuild your kernel. There is a FAQ on this issue:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#freebsd-setsize

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Pls. help really urgent.