httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Delivering empty content? Why?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:05:37 GMT

Sorry if you found my response condescending but it was you who was
pleading for any kind of answer. I do not know you and have no idea, a
priori, of your expertise or knowledge so do not feel hurt if I aim too
low with my questions. Perhaps we should all adopt geek-code
(http://www.geekcode.com/)...

>I'm sorry of being picky, but as I said, this is really frustrating.
>I got down to tracing file system calls from Apache and there are some
>errors showing up there, when Apache is trying to gain access
>to the file
>information structure from the MFT records.
>I forgot to add that I am running F-Secure AV and I am
>wondering if that's
>what it is causing the IRP_MJ_QUERY_INFORMATION and
>IRP_MJ_QUERY_INFORMATION requests to fail with buffer-overflow.

I've no idea what "F-Secure AV" is but if you have a very robust
application like apache failing in a very fundamental way and you are
unsure of a unusual piece of software, why not try removing or disabling
it and see if the problem goes away?

STOP PRESS - I just googled F-Secure AV: It's anti-virus software! And
you're wondering why pages are getting wiped? You also might like to
read up on this thread which has been going on on this list for the past
few days:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=104694878607149&w=2

The guy removed McAfee and all was well.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I am trying to find out why this is happening and indeed, it
>_could_ be
>FS-AV related, but if it is not and anybody experienced
>something like this
>before, I would welcome any input.
>
>Thanks...

views of the sender's company.