httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] adding mod_digest after the fact
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:47:24 GMT

If you compiled in mod_so, you can compile additional modules separately
and LoadModule them. If you have a statically built apache (no mod_so)
then you need to recompile the whole shebang.

For case #1, here's my notes from the last time (obviously, edit the
paths to suit your installation):

Now we compile an additional module and load it: mod_proxy.
$ su
# cd /home/apache/apache_1.3.24/src
# vi Configuration

  - compile with extended API since we are using mod_ssl
  << # CFLAGS_SHLIB=-DEAPI
  >> CFLAGS_SHLIB=-DEAPI

  - make the module shareable
  << AddModule modules/proxy/libproxy.a
  >> SharedModule modules/proxy/libproxy.so

- rebuild the makefiles and compile
# ./Configure
# make

- copy the .so manually
# cd /home/apache
# cp apache_1.3.24/src/modules/proxy/libproxy.so libexec/libproxy.so

Now the module is accessible to apache.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Sam