httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to add mod_speling?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:17:17 GMT

- compiled in mod_speling
- confirmed it is compiled in with "httpd -l"
- set "CheckSpelling on"... somewhere.
- tested with a single-character miscapitalisation

but get a 404 not found.

There's not a lot to configuring mod_speling and the only thing I can
think of is that your CheckSpelling directive is not applying in the
context you're testing (e.g. it's in one VH but you're testing in
another).

Can you check and confirm that your CheckSpelling directive is at the
server config level (i.e. outside any VH or Dir containers)?

Can you also test its functionality with files as opposed to
directories, e.g.

- create a file docroot/test_spell.txt
- confirm http:/server/test_spell.txt works
- try http://server/test_Spell.txt

I know it's supposed to work with directories as well as files, but just
to see :-)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>--Joe

>Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/

views of the sender's company.