httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Manu Kits" <manojkithany...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AliasMatch to remove ~ in URL
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:39:28 GMT
Hi Joshua,

I am able to access www.hostname.com/~hari/index.html
but NOT able to access www.hostname.com/hari/index.html

By the way where do I need to ADD AliasMatch statement? Does it needs to be
included inside DIRECTORY TAG or it could be anywhere?

I removed the Authentication also but still in vain!
My Authentication Directives include:
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks +Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "By Invitation Only"
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2003/passwd/apache_password
    Require valid-user
</Directory>