httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Julian Grunnell" <jgrunn...@firstnet.net.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Consolidationg logs from multiple servers
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:37:15 GMT
Had a similar problem with a farm of webservers on Sun Sparc servers, logging to a central
server over NFS was a real bad idea - logs just got screwed right up. This was an nfs issue
I believe.

The solution was to log via "mod_log_sql" - using a dedicated mysql server - this works a
treat.

J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael DeSimone [mailto:michael@desimone.net]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 9:15 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Consolidationg logs from multiple servers

Hi all,
I am getting a small farm of 6 webservers and would like to consolidate all
the logs to a central location. I have looked at using syslog,
mod_log_spread or simply writing all my logs to a nfs share. All my servers
will be running on Intel Red Hat boxes as well as my logserver.

Since I haven't done this before and I can only find a limited amount of
information on the web I was just curious as to what most people are doing
to solve this problem.

Thanks for your time and advice,
Michael

###  Firstnet anti-virus system - http://www.firstnet.net.uk