httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design" <ni...@miswebdesign.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] KeepAlives
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:32:32 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The server had some configuration done on it before I got to it and they
were off.

O/S: Redhat Linux 7.3
Apache: 1.3.27

Config File:

KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MaxClients 150

One point I should make clear is that this issue was with only me accessing
the web server (before it went public), nobody else.

And the difference accessing a page was 1-2 seconds with it off, 8+ with it
on. Very very noticeable.

Cheers,
Nigel

MIS Web Design