httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Coursimault, Jean-marc" <Coursima...@xrce.xerox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache configuration files parsing utilities
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:14:39 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to use apache-like configuration files in my C++ application (Linux
/ Windows / Solaris), which is not related to Apache in any way.
I don't need a GUI to set up preferences, only read  them in my app.

I need both "include" capabilities as in "include ./otherfile.conf" a,d
hierarchical values, as in
<Virtual Host>
   <Directory kjhkjh>
     # my comment
      mykey=myvalue
    </Directory>
</Virtual Host>

Ideally, the parsing of these configuration files should be possible and
easy in other languages, such as Java, possibly C# and Perl.
The parsing utilities should not have (too many) dependencies.

I'm aware of several efforts, notably UnixConfig, to do universal
configuration files, but they don't seem very advanced. The Java Preferences
API does not seem to have any C++ counterpart. And I think that the Apache
conf files are "just right".

And I need a LGPL-like licence, since my app will be commercial.

Does anyone know if I could sort of extract the configuration-files parsing
utilities from Apache ?

-- Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc Coursimault         |
Xerox Research Centre Europe  | Tel   +33 (0)4 76 61 51 82
Systems Dev. & Engineering    | Fax   +33 (0)4 76 61 51 99
6, chemin de Maupertuis       |
38240 Meylan (France)         | coursimault@xrce.xerox.com