httpd-users mailing list archives

From anoop prasanna <ano...@vit.ac.in>
Subject [users@httpd] URL redirection using apache's mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:29:19 GMT
Hi everyone, i've trying to do some URL redirection with apache but
for some reason it just doesnt work.  I'm using a per-directory
configuration, i.e the .htaccess file and i even tried simple
redirections like

RewriteRule ^/page1.html /page2.html

but it doesn't work. I've been thru the entire apache manual for
mod_rewrite but i've still been unsuccessful. Is there a much more
deeper thing that i'm missing? probably some configuration elsewhere.
Also where do you give the RewriteLog Directives? In both the
.htaccess and httpd.conf file it gives an error.  Please help me out..
Cheers
Anoop