httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Wera" <Jan.W...@oma.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Can't invoke child process
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:25:23 GMT
Hi,

I've installed Apache 1.3.27, since I noticed some minor bugs in Apache 2.0.44. I maintain
a website with a CGI script written in C.
I wanted to allow users to download their user directory on the server, as a zip or tar-gz
file.

Under Windows 2000 I can't seem to create a child process which does the compression of the
user directory in C. When I use the system function, I get 128 as return value. This means,
if I'm not mistaken, that apache can't create (or won't allow) that particular child process.
Has anybody else experienced such problems and are there things I can do configuration-wise
or programming-wise.

I've tried the same under mandrake linux 9.0 and that works great.

I was also thinking of rewriting the script in either C++ or PHP. Anybody know good CGI libraries
for C++? I used PHP to do mostly database access. Is this language appropriate to do CGI programming
with an amount of file manipulation functionalities?

Any help would be most appreciated...

Best regards,

Jan Wera